Giving Up a Baby for Adoption in California: What You Need to Know
How Choosing Adoption is not “Giving Up”
Thinking about giving a baby up for adoption in California is never about you giving up on them. It’s about choosing a brighter future full of love and opportunity.
Whether you’re expecting or currently at home with your child and considering giving a baby up for adoption in California, you might be asking common questions like:
- Is it easy to give a baby up for adoption in California?
- Is it free to give a baby up for adoption in California?
- What are reasons to give your child up for adoption in California?
We're here to give you the answers and help you understand what it means to give a baby up for adoption in California.
Whenever you have questions, one of our trusted and experienced adoption specialists is ready to answer your questions and provide you with more information on adoption for your child. You can complete this free online contact form or call 1-800-ADOPTION to get connected today.
Is it Easy to Give a Baby Up for Adoption in California?
While the steps of the adoption process depend on your specific situation (e.g., whether you’re pregnant or your child is already born), we have used our 30-plus years of experience to create a simple, safe and ethical adoption process to ensure:
- Every step is handled with professionalism and in accordance with state laws.
- You receive the 24/7 support you deserve.
- You can focus on finding a family and building a relationship while your specialist works behind the scenes.
We’re often asked questions like, “Can a single mother give her baby up for adoption in California?”
No matter your situation, giving up a baby for adoption in California is an option. We work with single mothers experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, situations where a family decides to give a baby up for adoption in California after the baby is born and other circumstances where parenting is no longer the best option.
How Do You Give up a Baby for Adoption in California?
Every woman who decides to place their baby for adoption is on a unique journey. If you decide putting your baby up for adoption is the best path for you, our specialists will guide you through the adoption process. To get you started, we’ll have you follow these 3 simple steps:
- Create a personalized adoption plan.
- Find the perfect adoptive family.
- Get to know the family through open or semi-open adoption.
Depending on your circumstances, the process can vary slightly. But generally, our goal is to help you create an adoption plan that fits your needs and search through the best families in the country that undergo a 52-point screening process so that you know the family you choose is perfect for your child.
The best way to understand the full scope of the adoption process in your situation is to contact us online or call 1-800-ADOPTION to speak with a specialist today.
You can also check out this complete breakdown of the adoption process.
Is It Free to Give a Baby Up for Adoption in California?
Yes. When a woman gives up a baby for adoption in California, she never has to pay. In fact, not only is giving up a baby in California through adoption free, but your specialist will work within state laws to help you get financial assistance for rent, bills and other pregnancy-related expenses. To determine the assistance available to you in California, fill out our free online form to speak with an adoption specialist today.
Additionally, your medical and legal expenses are completely covered.
If you’re thinking about giving a baby up for adoption in California and you’re currently at the hospital or at home parenting, you are still entitled to important adoption services, including legal and counseling.
Reasons to Give Your Child Up for Adoption in California
A woman who chooses adoption in California does so for various reasons. But, no matter what leads you to considering giving a baby up for adoption in California, the outcome can result in a brighter future for everyone involved.
First and foremost, the good side of putting a child up for adoption in California includes the lifelong benefit to the child. Not only do you get to search for a family that offers the characteristics you prefer, but you can give your child:
- A loving, two-parent home.
- A life full of opportunity, including access to education and social activities to facilitate healthy growth.
- A safe, stable and supportive environment.
That’s an act of love and wanting what’s best for your child.
Additionally, giving up a baby in California means you benefit from:
- Continuing your education or career without putting your life on hold or making drastic changes.
- Having peace of mind knowing your child will be raised in a safe and nurturing home with a loving family.
- Avoiding the financial burden of childcare, medical bills, and the cost of raising a child.
- Counseling services are available throughout your pregnancy and post-placement to ensure you are receiving the support you need when you need it.
- Open adoption to remain part of your child’s life and to have a continued relationship with the adoptive family — ending any concerns you may have about never seeing your baby again.
- Knowing you gave an adoptive family the incredible gift of becoming a mom and dad.
As you can see, there are numerous benefits to choosing adoption. We've made the process safe and simple so that you know the future for your child is bright and you have the opportunity to move forward in life knowing you made the right decision.
No matter where you are in the decision-making process, our online contact form is always free, and you can call 1-800-ADOPTION to learn more about giving up a baby in California and how American Adoptions of California can help you determine if this is the right path for you and your child.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. American Adoptions provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.